• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1998 Convincor Question

R1Racing

I see that some 251’s have a glass windshield and some have the fiberglass shield (what is the correct term?). Was that a factory option?
Also what where the option for power that year?

I see that some 251’s have a glass windshield and some have the fiberglass shield (what is the correct term?). Was that a factory option?
Also what where the option for power that year?

I can't speak for the 251, but the 253 like mine came with a windscreen or a windshield, both were factory options. In fact, you can still get a windscreen made for one by the factory, but the windshields are a little harder to come by. As far power goes, you could get just about anything offered by Merc. Mine had a little 310hp 454 in it. I've even seen some with small blocks. Most will probably have a 454mag EFI or a 502mag EFI. A buddy has one with a 500hp in it as well and I'm pretty sure I've seen one with a factory 600sc in it. So literally anything from merc could be in the back of a convincor.

Standard was glass windshield with plexi corners
Optional was "fiberglass windscreen"
I just looked at my build sheet and most motor options up to 502 in 1997
I was able to get a 500HP carbed

Back