• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1998 Pulsair 2100BR w/225 ProMax for $18,995/obo

jrumon

Well guy's, I thought I finally got lucky and found a home for the 300X motor... I just saw this boat in my local Boat Trader Magizine. It is a one owner boat (looks mint in the photos), has the 1998 Mariner "ProMax" 225 (don't know what style lower unit)... I talked to the guy and sounds great but the boat colors match the Mariner color schemes... off white with the gray/pinkish-purpleish (it looks good but it's just not my color combo so I'll pass)... Price of $18,995/offer is with trailer, covers, ss prop, etc. Boat is located between Detroit and Port Huron. Any other interested members I can get you the number...or go to www.BoatTraderOnline.com
I'm STILL looking... Jim.

Well guy's, I thought I finally got lucky and found a home for the 300X motor... I just saw this boat in my local Boat Trader Magizine. It is a one owner boat (looks mint in the photos), has the 1998 Mariner "ProMax" 225 (don't know what style lower unit)... I talked to the guy and sounds great but the boat colors match the Mariner color schemes... off white with the gray/pinkish-purpleish (it looks good but it's just not my color combo so I'll pass)... Price of $18,995/offer is with trailer, covers, ss prop, etc. Boat is located between Detroit and Port Huron. Any other interested members I can get you the number...or go to www.BoatTraderOnline.com
I'm STILL looking... Jim.

Word of caution to anyone looking at a late '90's Mercury Promax/ Mariner Super Magnum engine:

The first series of Promax (1994/1995/1196/1997/?) was a good design. Nice fat ECU mixture curve. Reliable,smoky, gas hogging motor.
Somewhere in the late '90's Mercury changed the ECU to try to 'clean up' the emissions. I don't know when the change went into effect, maybe 1998 or 1999? Anyway, if you are considering a late '90s Promax/Magnum, make SURE the ECU has been updated by either Mercury or Rapair. The newer ECU had lean mixture issues and a lot of people lost powerheads. This problem supposedly did not affect all models of Promax/Magnum, the SS and Offshore may have been exempt. But for the 'standard' Promax/Magnum, Beware.

JW...Your right...I heard the same thing. Once again, I kick myself for not buying your's last year... I just had too many $$$$$ toys around and listened to my wife... but the colors were a good combo!!! My Warlock offshore was RED with gray to black stripes and accents...looked AWESOME, but that thing was smokin' HOT anytime I used it... If the majority of a hull is "light and bright"...It's a lot more user friendly (especially with kids) and a whole lot less waxing up-keep (doesn't fade or milk over nearly as bad). FYI... This '98 Pulsair has a solid darker color pinkish-purple deck and such...
jpshakehead.gif

Yeah, I had a chance to get a smokin' deal on a 1994 Pulsare/Merc 200 but it had the pink and burgundy stripes with big pink stripes on the seats. I just couldn't get myself to but it................

JW...I hear ya...I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. People need to think about "trendy colors" that get outdated, and order boats that stay more traditional (white with good old black, blue, yellow, red, etc.). You can't beat traditional color schemes especially when it comes to RESALE some day.

Too bad, this 1998 pulsair is SUPER CLEAN!!!

I JUST BOUGHT MY 1994 PULSARE RIGGED WITH A SEA STAR PRO HELM, 6" HYD. JACK PLATE AND FOOT THROTTLE. THE HULL IS SOLID BLACK WITH SILVER FLAKE. IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR STARING AT A NIGHT SKY WITH STARS TWINKLING. PRETTY COOL BUT I ANTICIPATE IT BEING HOT ON THE ASS DURING A SUMMER DAY!!!!

Man...you guy's have CHEAP boats down there in Florida...Every time I go down on vacation, I look at the Boat Trader and drool...call on a few and go looking...it's just hard to find "good ones" like these Michigan Boats! That Florida sun, heat, humidity, and salt water can KILL sweat boats in nothing flat!!! Yes, I'm sure there is some good one's down there...those are the ones people KEEP...not the one's I've seen for sale!!!

Anyway, sounds like you found the right hull... Contact Randy at Liborator boats...he usually has some used 300 pro-max's or 2.5L offshores around and is fair in his prices... and YES, that color is going to be SMOKING hot (I just sold my Black & Red Warlock offshore)... I'm staying LIGHT colors this time around for sure (kids didn't want to go in the boat)! Good luck, Jim.

HEY JIM, WHERE IS LIBORATOR BOATS LOCATED. DO YOU HAVE A PHONE # OR EMAIL ADDRESS?? THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO PUT DOWN A THICK TOWELL WHILE SUNBATHING ON THE DECK; ALTHOUGH IT WILL BE KIND OF FUN WATCHING MY GIRLFRIEND SIZZLE HER BUNS THE FIRST FEW TIMES SHE TRIES TO SIT DOWN!!L.O.L. I GUESS SHE WONT BE WEARING ANY THONGS!!!

Back