• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

2014 Mate puls 2000 brx stereo

RedBusDriver

Getting ready to upgrade the factory stereo, because I need bluetooth and the equipment is 6 years old.
Factory Clarion head unit with 6 speakers and what appears to be a 2 maybe 4 channel amp behind bow seat back.
All wiring looks factory since its inside split loom.

Any idea on how they set this up with 6 speakers? all are 6.5" no subs.

Im leaning towards a normal head unit might stick with clarion since there is a wired remote a swim step.
Thinking about 4 6.5" coaxials and possibly open up the rear 2 6.5 holes to 8" for free air subs. Or just run 6 6.5s
LIkely go with marine amps, I like the rockford compact units from my harley days.

Open to suggestions and tips.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20201123_153451.jpg
    20201123_153451.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201123_154558.jpg
    20201123_154558.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20201123_154612.jpg
    20201123_154612.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 14
If they set it up the same as they did mine it is set up completely wrong. They are running 6 speakers on a 4ch amp.
If looking for upgraded equipment I would suggest JL audio M6 marine speakers. LED backlit, loud, clear and expensive but very cool.
JL also makes a marine grade 6ch amp that drives those speakers nicely. If you want to get carried away run a pair of 10" Kicker Bass tubes in hull under the helm and glove box. Will need another amp to drive that as well. 1200w Kicker marine amp.

Zero space under this helm. I have 6.5 kicker subs leftover from my street glide. I upgraded my tritoon to infinity speakers and have the MBquarts on a shelf. I'll do those and wire the amp to run subs. it's a hot lap boat not a party boat for me.

Back