My family inherited a 1978 Checkmate V-Mate 1. It is in surprisingly good shape. I did have to add aluminum plates to the transom as the motor poked holes in it where it was mounted. The repair held up well after multiple trips to the river and lake.
After the repairs, it has been a blast.
It has a 70 horsepower Force motor on it. Last time we were out I saw 37 mph on GPS.
Now I'll admit, I know nothing about boats.
It has a 10 x 19 three blade prop on it now. Is there enough on the table to justify changing props? What else would get more speed shy of a new motor?
After the repairs, it has been a blast.
It has a 70 horsepower Force motor on it. Last time we were out I saw 37 mph on GPS.
Now I'll admit, I know nothing about boats.
It has a 10 x 19 three blade prop on it now. Is there enough on the table to justify changing props? What else would get more speed shy of a new motor?