• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

5.7 vortec ?

Ambassador_mike

So i am new and tired of looking for another post like this i bought a 91 ambassador it has a new mercruiser vortec with a 2 barrel. So I am looking to make it faster not trying to set any records just looking to get a little more. I was thinking about intake, new carb, cam, headers any suggestions on brands or other parts i should think about

I would say intake, carb, cam and exhaust would be a great start!!! If you want to keep cost down, you could look for a set of high performance manifolds instead of headers. As far as which intake, carb or cam to choose, that is above my pay grade. I called Bob Madera at Marine Kinetics for the cam on my build and I'm very happy with it. He can guide you on what pieces would work best together. He is really nice and his prices are very competitive as well.

Also, welcome to the forums!!! You should go over to the introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself and more importantly, about your boat. Everybody around here really likes pictures too!!!

what size engine ? working a 5.7 right now 91 and its not a vortec, unless somebody swapped engines your is not either as they did not come out until 96 in GM trucks V8 wise. if its a V8 upgrading to vortec heads and intake is a great upgrade

I bought the boat off my wife grandfather he had a 383 in it then it blew up he had a 2005 350 5.7 vortec mercruiser crate motor put in and was going to sell it so we bought it to keep the boat in the family like i

so does use the 8 bolt intake, I would run a performer RPM type intake and a 600 edelbrock carb, should help over the 2 bbl quite a bit

Back