• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

'90 281 w/twin O/B's

Told Justin he’s not allowed to let my wife see his boat.

That’s how I got in trouble w/cruisers on Lake Erie. Let my wife on my neighbors aft cabin.
We had one 6 months later!

Try hanging out with the 28' twins most days you're on the water!
I tell myself I don't have buyers remorse. :shakehead: :sssh:

Anyone close to this 281?

If anyone is close to this one that's for sale and could lay eyes on it it would be greatly appreciated.

it is being sold through a broker, he told me the boat was in excellent condition, solid floor and transom, and that when the seats were redone, all issues were addressed, so take that information for what it is worth. Also the boat is currently located on Long Island NY, and as of a week ago, was waiting to be shrink wrapped. Both motors were remanufactures with low hours and that the owner had a complete third engine for parts that went with the sale. Also trailer was "like-new". I was interested but changed my mind. Between my son and I we have 5 boats (2 checkmates), so enough is enough, I think!! Anyway, it would be nice if one of the Nor-easterners could take a look for you.

Chuck

That's a bummer it's not in Brick NJ any longer because I would have definitely checked it out for you. I'm only 20min from Brick. If there's a chance that I can get to LI NY next week and if the boat isnt rapped by then I will try to check it out.

Any help would be appreciated. That is why this forum rocks.
I hear you on the too many boats, I already have 3:
1972 Marinette 28' express cruiser, 318 chrysler
1987 Starflite 200 johnson
1995 premier pontoon/75 Merc

Might as well have one more to clean, maintain and wrench on..... it's good for the soul and keeps me busy so I'm not arguing with the wife lol.

Back