• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

91 Pulse 185

bbezok

Anyone running a 2.5L 200 Carb on a Pulse 185?....Curious as to performance?
Has a 2.4L 175 Carb currently.

Hey -- I don't have an answer for you, but I just bought a Pulse 186 with a Merc 175 EFI. I'll report back after I take her out.

I have a 93 Pulse 185 with a 175 Xri , It a lake boat (ski/tube) . As far as performance , it feels like a heavy boat. 50 mph maybe? Im running a 19 pitch prop and it rips out of the hole but really needs more motor and setback to see higher speeds .

agreed its pretty heavy for an 18 footer @ 1200+ pounds. I have a jack plate and additional setback on mine with a Mariner 175 and a 23 pitch nothing fancy prop, it will push her into the low 60's. Soon I'll be swapping the 1989 2.4L 175 powerhead for a 1996 2.5L 200 model. Can't wait to see how she runs then!
progress.gif

Hey -- I don't have an answer for you, but I just bought a Pulse 186 with a Merc 175 EFI. I'll report back after I take her out.

It's been a long Summer. I had to have the Merc rebuilt, and then had some other delays. Finally got the boat out on the water today for a top speed run of 58 mph @ 5600 RPM. I don't have a jackplate, just a 23p stainless 3 blade prop. It gets out of the hole fairly quickly, but plenty of porpoising going on.

I hear ya with Delays, sent the heads out to be cut first week of March and just got them back the week after the 4th of July. Needless to say I'm not going to upset what's left of the short boating season we have up here so looks like it will be next year before I can post results of my swap. Thanks for the update and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Back