• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

92 Pulse 185 Restoration

Wow.....!

That interior looks better than factory. A job well done. What did you coat the seat frames with?

Hey ianz, The seat frames are treated with (CPES) Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer. 3 coats sanded lightly between coats so it will penetrate better.
Then approx 1/4" of epoxy coat. A little heavier on joints,edges,& bottom that sets on deck.Even went back over the connections with 3m 5200 bead.
No cracks left unsealed.Then a heavy coat of Interlux Polyurathane Paint.

The bow seat backs were in poor shape along the bottom edge.There's a lip there that holds water.So on those I used fiberglass & epoxy resin to form a backing for a filler consisting of epoxy & aerosil. They were treated with the sealer also.Then as above except for the 5200 not needed on the bow backs

The seat cushion bottom forms,dash vertical supports & Stern seat back were made from Azack (not spelled correctly but that's how it sounds)
It's a no rot material that you can work with pretty much like wood.

The Driver & Passenger seats are fiberglass forms except for the bottom, that parts wood . So more treatment then fiberglass & epoxy.

I went with carpet on the seat frames,so no staples it's glued on.
And the foam for the cushions is Premium Marine Grade it's more porous.
It drys out real nice.I also used carpet on the dash supports it made them pretty solid as compared to just the vinyl.

Thanks Ianz :bigthumb:

You know you got the ride . Pulsare, Now there's a WOW

Back