• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

About to buy an 85 Diplomat

SnoRider007

We've rented a place on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA for years, and have rented many boats. I'm on vacation in ME and think I've found a gem too good to pass up, but thought it best to tap into this community for any opinions or advice before I go test drive the boat tomorrow morning and decide to make the purchase or not.

Here is the listing: http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/5681303610.html

Any comments on the asking price, things to look for, or questions I should ask are greatly appreciated.

Don't know anything about the boat but I've seen it on CL and looks like a good deal. Won't be a rocket ship, but a good cruiser.
Anything that has sat that long will need a good investigation in regards to any rotten wood, replace fuel lines, fluids, etc.

I have an 82 Diplomat and have been happy with it. Great cruiser and very capable of pulling skiers and tubers.

Definitely check out the floor real good, my bow section under/ around the front seats did start getting soft along with the boxes in the engine bay. Also I had the driver seat pull out of the floor. Other then that the boat has been structurally fine.

I've had seven people in mine but it is very comfy with five.
Good luck and I hope it follows you home!

She's definetly a nice looking CM. I don't think the asking price is really out of line at all. If she's solid it's pretty fair. Best of luck with the purchase.:thumb: Jim

Back