• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Another new Michigan member.

Fatlenny

New/used Checkmate owner here from Flint Michigan area. 49 years old and really new to the boating scene. Bought my first boat about 2 years ago (14 foot clone of a glastron) and did a full restoration on it. Mounted a 115 merc on it and got it in the water this year. Love this little boat as she is a screamer. I was looking around for another project, something bigger to take the family out on and was about to give up on my search of an old jet boat project in my price range after buying a 1980 Glastron CVX 16 project. (This Glastron is on the back burner now) Then I came across a 1979 Checkmate Jetmate II. Picked her up for $750. Needs a lot of work but its nothing I cant handle. Brought her home and with a little tuning, some fresh fuel, and a battery, the ole 460 fired right up. Working out a few fuel issues with it, replacing the fuel pump and looking into replacing the carb. I am taking her out to the lake again to try to make her run this weekend. Then I get to clean out the garage to make room for this project, store the other boats away for the winter, and get to disassembly. I am assuming there's a project section on this forum that I can record my progress. I am looking forward to the project and this community and their knowledge. I will post some photos later today or this weekend. Thanks for having me!

Leo, AKA Fatlenny

Back