• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Bragging Rites

durango4you

CALL ME A LIER, I dare you. Today at 7:25 pm. I kicked a 355 hp jet boats ass. but it gets better, 72.1mph GPS, I have a co. pilot that can back me up. NOW FOR THE BEST PART. its my 1986, Starflite with bow foam removed. 10in jp hydro. the top two holes plugged, velocity intake, no gear in the boat, two people, 1/3 tank of 93 oct......................

This day will leave a smile on my face forever :banana: :rof: :lol:

nice one. i have found that most of those jet boats run around 70. I used to love passing them in my predictor.

72.1gps???? wow what else is done to the boat? and how do you have it set-up right now? prop shaft height? prop? and with a 200hp mota?

Jet boats are easy to beat, I don't even bother any more unless they have a serious motor like a blown big block. Most jets I have ran with just barely broke 60 even tho their lie-ometer said they were going 75. It takes a lot of HP and RPM to push an in-efficient jet boat. As for the 72 mph what prop and engine you got, if its a 200/2.5 with just velocity stacks it's hard to believe, I suppose it's possible but I am skeptical. Share more info because there are lots of staflite guys on here always trying to squeeze out that extra few mph.

come on your kill'n me!!!!! i want to know the set-up or you co-pilots number! i'm wondering if you were pulling our chain........better than 71gps in a starflite is pretty odd for a new guy that is trying to get his s**t set up yet:thumb::poke:

YES i know its crazy but. I have a 2.4 200 merc. shaved heads, exhaust, and a complete rebuild. I had the prop balanced and cleaned up, i did this because two weekends ago i was pissed because i took the boat out and i only got 58. :irked: Well after messing with the PROP, Adding the 10 in JP HYDRO, lots of positive trim, no bow foam. WAXED, all of it. and 2 people and a third of a tank. I dont need to lie to you guys, because i will prob run into one of yall. I have been working on my boat non stop. I am addicted to this WEB SITE, MY BOAT AND MOST OF ALL YOU GUYS. YALL are why i got the boat to hit this number. and if you want the number of my co-pilot you have to PM me.:surf:

prop? prop shaft height? and water conditions? air temp? that would help alot????????? all of us starflie guys would like to know....:cheers

I beleive you, mine will run 72. What prop are you running and did your prop shop do some custome work?

I do not know the shaft height i will check that in the AM, The prop is a 23p turbo pushing 6200 to 6300 rpm's the shop said the tweaked it, but thats all they told me.

I love it Durango!!!

Two weeks ago I was hanging out on the sandbar and a jet-drive( blown with NOS) was boasting of speeds over 85mph. I was impressed, and he wanted to play.....

Now, I am not very experienced with my new setup, so although tempted I did not go for the challenge (what a pu$$wye I am). He would probably have gotten me in trouble anyway because I had my ski prop on and I can get in trouble with the R's.

Anyway, he went for a "show off run" and sent one hell of a roost in the air when he passes by me sitting on the sand bar....Not 3 seconds later I heard a series of loud pops and the show was over (later found out from his buddy major internal catastraphy). I love super jets, but that is the problem with them, lots of noise, a short show, and in the end that is it.

I pulled 72mph with 4 people in the boat on the way back to the ramp and passed him being towed by a ski nautique.

Congrats on showing it up for the outboards.

Back