• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate Eluder info required

Mark Ikking

Hi there fellow members
I wonder if someone could help me with some info .
I bought this hull as a restoration project .
It has been resprayed and all markings are illegible.
After a lot of Google searches and scrutinizing for the make and model I found the HIN nr and it seems to be a Checkmate Eluder .
But the Hin nr doesn't seem to make sense as it has letters and doesn't seem to show the correct date of manufacture according to my research.

The number is CHK 17024 M81A

This hull is in South Africa and it would be interesting to see how it came to be here .

The current outboard is a Evinrude 235 V6
, but its probably stuffed as the carbs and gearbox are missing.

Thanks for any info in advance .

Mark

Welcome to the Forum. It's definitely a great place for info. I'm not sure what all of the numbers and letters actually signify, but the 81 should be year it was manufactured. Best wishes on your Restoration Project. Jim

Thanks Jim
Yea ,she is in bad shape and I will need all the help and info I can get.
Its great that i stumbled onto this boating community dedicated to the checkmate brand ,and if it turns out to be a true checkmate ill be proud to be part of this group .

With regards to the strange HIN nr ,might it be that a mould was shipped here and hulls manufactured locally by another boat builder?

Hey Mark,

The HIN numbers are stamped right into the hull by the manufacturer. I doubt that would be something done locally.

Checkmate have shipped hulls unrigged over the years to dealers who did the rigging though.

HIN Numbers explained.

-Chris

Hey Mark,

The HIN numbers are stamped right into the hull by the manufacturer. I doubt that would be something done locally.

Checkmate have shipped hulls unrigged over the years to dealers who did the rigging though.

HIN Numbers explained.

-Chris
Thanks for the info Chris .this helps .
Mine was located on the port side stern after a lot of searching as the numbers were very faint due to being resprayed
The first letters "CHK" then definitely pegs it as a original checkmate hull .

Back