• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Checkmate interior resto mod. Let me know what you think.

That interior looks really good man, great job! I am getting my 82' Checkmate Sportfire done now and I have a few questions. I want to switch out the old carpet for something like SeaDek, how is the EVA decking working? My concern is wrapping it around the ski holders on the sides. Also, where did you get those Checkmate logos on the seats, I want to put some on my seatbacks.

That interior looks really good man, great job! I am getting my 82' Checkmate Sportfire done now and I have a few questions. I want to switch out the old carpet for something like SeaDek, how is the EVA decking working? My concern is wrapping it around the ski holders on the sides. Also, where did you get those Checkmate logos on the seats, I want to put some on my seatbacks.
I have a 2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare and I installed an Aqua Traction floor in it myself. My boat sits under a covered dock in the lift and the boat is covered with a good Marine Concepts cover. I have the bimini top deployed for 8 months of the year so it sees very little sun. It looks good, (will help the resale value but the entire boat still looks new) it feels good, but it is very high maintenance. If a bit of water gets on it and it evaporates it leaves a ring that you can easily see. Lake water, bottled water, rain water, doesn't matter. I have to use a foam upholstery cleaner and scrub the water stains away shortly afterward. Mine is light grey so perhaps a dark color would be easier??? Once I sell this boat, the next one will not have this type of floor in it.

The EVA foam decking is OK. It is definitely harder to keep clean then carpet. You definitely need to use contact cement to get it to stay down. For the logos, I took the old seat cover with the logo to the local embroidery shop. They scanned the old logo digitize it for $30. Then the embroidered the vinyl i gave them for $10 per logo.

The EVA foam decking is OK. It is definitely harder to keep clean then carpet. You definitely need to use contact cement to get it to stay down. For the logos, I took the old seat cover with the logo to the local embroidery shop. They scanned the old logo digitize it for $30. Then the embroidered the vinyl i gave them for $10 per logo.
It looks great! Job well done.

Thank you for the information man, I am over here on the East Coast with the salt water so I was looking for a different solution for the floor as a carpet disintegrates within a few years (y)

Did the contact cement work well for bending it around the humps and corners of the hull? How long have you had the EVA decking on your vessel?

Did the contact cement work well for bending it around the humps and corners of the hull? How long have you had the EVA decking on your vessel?
The contact cement works well to hold the foam into and around corners. But the EVA foam does not stretch well to form to irregularities in the shape.

i tried to do the flooring in my boat and template it myself- i under up having a local marine mat company scan and install, came out beautiful. i would run a fiberglass floor or the marine decking I have now- never again will i do carpet, my carpet never seemed to fully dry out and once it mats down look like crap.

Back