• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

checkmate model

raceredrat

can anybody tell what model this is? heres the vin# chk1894m82k its 18ft looks like a exchanter has v8 and has the same hood i know its not exciter i had one thanks

It will be easier if you can post a pic to identify your boat, than just posting the VIN#. If you can’t post a picture directly, you can host it on another site and link it.

Good luck-

That boat is either an Eluder or an Exciter. Is the boat in question an open bow or closed?

The 21ft Enchanters and Entertainers had the same engine covers.

The 18.5ft Exciters and Eluders had a the same engine covers, their engine covers are similar but not exactly the same as the larger/deeper 21 ft hulls. The smaller boat has a larger pop up area over the engine for the carb to fit under.

Why do you think it’s not an Exciter, was your old boat OB or I/O powered? Exciters came both ways and that engine cover is from either an Eluder(openbow) or Exciter (closed bow). Further that boat pictured still has it’s hull model call out badges on the side of the hull, might still be able to read one of the two it came with. Also the capacity plate inside the boat will say what it is if it is not too faded and still in place.

Also that is the early style engine cover so that is a 1979-82 boat, 1983 up had a less stylish pop up area.

Reactions: SCT
That boat is either an Eluder or an Exciter. Is the boat in question an open bow or closed?

The 21ft Enchanters and Entertainers had the same engine covers.

The 18.5ft Exciters and Eluders had a the same engine covers, their engine covers are similar but not exactly the same as the larger/deeper 21 ft hulls. The smaller boat has a larger pop up area over the engine for the carb to fit under.

Why do you think it’s not an Exciter, was your old boat OB or I/O powered? Exciters came both ways and that engine cover is from either an Eluder(openbow) or Exciter (closed bow). Further that boat pictured still has it’s hull model call out badges on the side of the hull, might still be able to read one of the two it came with. Also the capacity plate inside the boat will say what it is if it is not too faded and still in place.

Also that is the early style engine cover so that is a 1979-82 boat, 1983 up had a less stylish pop up area.
If it has the capacity plate my Eluder had a max HP of 185 (Exciter would be the same,) and my Enchanter has a max of 235.

Back