• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Chine walking

I've noticed that running the motor higher will not do much for speed until you get over 75-80 mph. On a Pulsare, it won't get onto the pad until almost 90 mph. Anything slower, then the jacked up motor will drop the nose. At 90 the nose still drops when the motor is jacked up, but then the boat is on the pad.

I was running it at 2" below the vee and it would start walking when i got to 70mph. I tried an 1" below the vee but it seemed the prop was slipping cause i had more rpm but wasnt getting much past 63mph acording to my GPS.

Right, between 2" and 3" is about where you need to run on a Flite depending on the prop. I can run my Rev4 almost an inch higher than my Fury.
Sounds like you are set up about right. See if you can borrow some props to try and see what difference they make. They are all different. For example a Tempest will walk way sooner than a Trophy on that hull. I have never run a Hyrdo. My Rev4 has been the best on my rig but they only go up to 25p.

Had a 3 blade semi clever on it when i had the 200 on the boat and it was a handfull to drive. This 4 blade def tightened the boat up but now chine is an issue.Gonna try motor heights at 1/4" increments next warmer day to see the best results.

Back