• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CT River Run - 2016

knarloid

A few of us are interested in heading up to the CT River Run in October.
Looks like Oct. 16th is the date - but I am waiting for a thread on S&F where it is usually posted for confirmation.

Last year Chuckb and I went with his 2400BRX and had a blast.
Was a cold day, but with plenty of warm clothing and ski goggles, it's a great run.
I ended up finding my twin o/b Convincor from chatting to one of the locals. :cheers:

So far this year, Ramifications is in with his 2800 and I will bring my 251, so the twin o/bs will be there in force! :thumb:

There's always a few local Check's there, so would be great to help the numbers and enjoy the pizza they provide for our donations.

We either drive up early in the morning (6am from central Jersey), or the night before and stay at a hotel.

A few of us are interested in heading up to the CT River Run in October.
Looks like Oct. 16th is the date - but I am waiting for a thread on S&F where it is usually posted for confirmation.

Last year Chuckb and I went with his 2400BRX and had a blast.
Was a cold day, but with plenty of warm clothing and ski goggles, it's a great run.
I ended up finding my twin o/b Convincor from chatting to one of the locals. :cheers:

So far this year, Ramifications is in with his 2800 and I will bring my 251, so the twin o/bs will be there in force! :thumb:

There's always a few local Check's there, so would be great to help the numbers and enjoy the pizza they provide for our donations.

We either drive up early in the morning (6am from central Jersey), or the night before and stay at a hotel.

I was in my white/black/ orange ZT last year.

We didn't have another day that cold until after Christmas I bet!First time boating in the snow! Had a blast.

Not sure about this year...

HD

October 16th is the scheduled date for the CT river run. New location for the pizza party has been posted. Just a little north of guildersleeve island. S&F has a thread with all the details and then some!! I missed last years due to an uncooperative #5 Piston. But I'm coming this year!!

Who's still in? I'm doing my best to make it up there with the Superboat. It looks like I'll finally have a weekend without work so I can work on it and decent weather to do a little testing. Where are you guys planning on launching from? I went two years ago and we launched from the public launch in Old Saybrook. Its a nice, scenic 30 mile ride up the river from there to Pizza Beach.

Old Saybrook municipal ramp is approximately at 212 Ferry Rd, Old Saybrook, Connecticut
and is basically underneath I-95.

Scream and Fly CT River Run Charity Event

I had great intentions to go and bring the Convincor back to it's home territory (I bought it from a local guy who ran the river last year with us) but have to fly to Toronto that afternoon now for work, so it's not possible.
Blowing up one motor 4 weeks ago also didn't help, but as Ramifications helped me upgrade to twin 250's last Sunday, it seems I could have run the new setup.

Maybe next year.

It's definitely a great run. Look forward to seeing pics.

Aaaaaand now the weather is supposed to be crap this weekend. If I don't get it out this weekend I'm calling it a season and winterizing all my stuff. Been a disappointing summer/early fall.

Looks like it. I missed last year but I believe there was some snow. Hoping to be at Haddam around 9am.

Cool. Looking forward to it. Boat is in the street and hopefully ready to go. Had to work 7a to 7p today so I didn't get home until 830. Greased the axles, dumped 20 gallons of fuel in, and fired it for a second.

Back