• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Erik's 1987 Enforcer

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Erik.JPG

Hey Fellow Checkmate fans!
Just picked this boat up at the end of this season.It's an 87 24'Enforcer, 454 Magnum with an alpha s/s drive.I've only had it out once in calm waters and it did 63mph.I just picked up some Gil Hi-tork Headers for it and I'm thinking about installing an eldebrock performer intake on it also.I'm hoping with the right prop I can get this thing to hit 70 mph.I know I can't go too crazy with the horsepower or I'll blow the outdrive.Got any other suggestions? I'd like to hear them. Thanks,
Erik

I'll leave the performance tips to everyone else.

But, what I will say is, that's a Sawweeeetttt boat you got there Erik! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SWEEEEEEEET. Awsome looking boat, I love the color lay out. What's the inside look like?

rooster_3.jpg

1975 Checkmate Tri-mate 2, 2.4 200+

Erik1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Erik2.jpg

Webmaster

Nice pics Erik. Looks like a couple of candidates for next months entrance page pic vote.
thumb.gif

Webmaster

Thanks,Those last two pics were taken at The Great Sacandaga Lake in New York. It was a good weekend. I got my prop back from the shop(hub was spinning out). Threw it on and ran 70 mph speedo with a full tank of gas,4900 rpm's. Its a cupped 22 Protestor 3 blade. Anyone have any info on that company? This spring I cleaned up all the teak,wet sanded and buffed the boat out,installed new guages,new steering cable,steering wheel,bellows,gimble bearing and repainted the drive and of course a new decal package! It was all worth it.Nothing more thrilling than BLASTING across that Lake and leaving people in my wake!
icon_biggrin.gif

erik , noticed the ss drive in your description . that was rare and was hoping i knew the boat . its beautiful by the way . john fitzner (boat canvas guy )rt 7 , rotterdam had one similar built motor 500 or so hp , over 400 hours before the drive broke. he just never flew that one . he had a mx15 too ,he always flew that one . by the way that enforcer was an honest low 80's boat. i'm at edinburg marina and would enjoy talkin checkmates with ya this summer .sad to say our checkmate crew has dwindled over the last few years . its an impressive site seeing / hearing a handful of checkmates "runnin on empty" RISENSHINE !!!!!!!!

Thanks Bob,
You know I believe Fitzner was the guy who recovered the back seat and sun deck on the boat before I bought it.I like the S/S drive and think they should bring it back.Very sleek looking unit.I hit Sacandaga a couple times a year.Maybe I see ya there.
biggthumpup.gif

Back