• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hackensack River (New Jersey)...

HollaGeo

The wife and I have a 15 foot Checkmate which we usually take to Lake Hopatcong. With Summer around the corner, I wouldn't mind boating a bit more locally (We live in Clifton, NJ). After some google searching I came across the River Barge Park in Carlstadt, NJ. Supposedly, it's a brand-new park with a marina. Does this mean there was enough of a pleasure boat market to deem a brand-new marina or is this to attract pleasure boaters? Does anybody know the pleasure boat situation in that part of the Hackensack River or the Hackensack River in general???

Reactions: sim
This has me interested as well. There are some guys here that are native to that area and might have info on how that river is for boating.

I'm native to the area, but never actually thought about taking my boat out on the river until I started doing some research and found out they built a brand-new marina. Like I said, I live in Clifton and would love a place to take out my Check after work for an hour or so without driving 45 min to Lake Hopatcong. I left work early yesterday and took a ride to this new marina and got to talking to one the Meadowlands Commission workers. I think he takes people on boat tours or something. He was saying that the marina is pretty much booked for the season. I'm probably gonna wait until June and take a ride down there on a Saturday and talk to some people docked there. @atc - If I get some good feedback I wouldn't mind splashing my boat there. I'll keep you up to date...

I'm interested in this.
I'm in Morris Cty and get bored of Hopatcong - always up for a new waterway to explore.

And this could go in the Liberty Mates chapter... :)

Sounds good. For future reference just make one thread about a topic. Making two only serves to split good info into two places and will cause things to be repeated on both sides.

Back