• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

    » Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hello!

Red pulse

New member
My name is Joe melo I have 2002 185 pulse br.150 opti. red with black and white stripe I bought used this year. Best boat I ever hade.
I boat in Halliburton ont. Kushog Lake
Any one out there water ski with this mate. What's the best Set up?
Thanks in advance
 
Welcome
Sounds like a nice rig. Do you have some pictures you can post?
As far as skiing I am sure it would be great. Do you have a ski pylon for it?
 
I have owned a 1991 Pulse 185 and a 2001 Pulse 185. Both had 150 Mercury motors with Laser II 23 pitch props. I did a lot of skiing with the 1991 (back when I was younger) and never had any problems with that set up. I had a manual jackplate on the 2001 and did a little skiing with it too. The Pulse 185 is a very good ski boat in my opinion. If your really into skiing then nothing compares to a tournament ski boat, but for overall boating/skiing pleasure the 185 is hard to beat.
 
a friend of mine bought a pulse 170 (from another board member) this summer and uses it in minden on 12 mile lake near wedgewood marine. it has a 120 evinrude on it and says its great for skiing, haven't had a chance to try it myself
 
Hey Red Pulse,

I have a 2003 Pulse 185 With a Merc. 175 EFI. I ski and wakeboard a lot with it. As stated above, if you are a very serious skier, you will prefer a actual ski boat. The only problem I have with mine is, my kids are young and ski at a very slow speed so the bow runs high and I have to stand to see. I know I could solve this with a different prop. I use a 21 Trophy small hub for sking. I have been looking to steal a large hub High Five.:devil: I tried a buddies 21 through hub Cleaver and that worked very well. It held the bow down nicely, but I still want a High Five for ski duty.

Good luck with yours! A little more room between the seats would be nice, but I really feel the Pulse is a great boat.


Regards,

Jim
 
Red pulse said:
Hi, Adam
thanks for your answer, yes i have have a ski pilon
Thanks

Ah, now that you have a pic of it in your Avatar I can see that. Looks nice. Be sure to post some pics of your ride in the picture this forum.
 
Back
Top