• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Help with prop and setup on MX 15 Checkmate

yeah I know what you mean, I have had enough of this weather, it's suppose to be 4 deg. tonite! A couple more months and things will be looking up. My boat is in the garage, it's insulated but still cold as hell out there. So do you still want to meet up at chain-o-lakes when the weather breaks? I have a friend who has '80 centurion and we have been working on our seats in the basement and are planning some good times this summer. Keep in touch because I am only about 45 min away from coldwater lake.

hobbies this expensive and addictive should be illeagle

Yup, we will hit the chain o lakes. We will hit Pokagon state park also, that is Lake James I believe. Do they have a 45mph speed limit there?
I need to rebuild my seats also, skins are good, just need new wood.

no speed limit that I know of, all kinds of fast boats on that lake, great sandbar too. I will be there on the 4th of july, we always go there for that weekend, my buddy has a hog roast at his lake house on james.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by supergenius74:
no speed limit that I know of, all kinds of fast boats on that lake, great sandbar too. I will be there on the 4th of july, we always go there for that weekend, my buddy has a hog roast at his lake house on james. My avatar pic is of my boat on james last 4th.

hobbies this expensive and addictive should be illeagle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MX-15....that brings back memories!!! My first new Checkmate was purchased from "Sammy" at Action Marine in Dearborn Mi...a 1978 V-mate 1 that I ordered with no windsheild (they were ugly). I set it up with a new 140 Merc in-line 6 at that time (boat was rated for a 100)...so those 90hp stickers sure came in handy!!! I played with motor heights and ended up running about 2" up for overall use. I built some 3" setbacks out of aluminum and it really helped out with handling...no torque steer at all. With a 25 stainless, I was seeing the Merc speedo hit 70 (probably 65+ actual) but you still had to "drive" this thing or it would chine-walk. What a great little boat!!!

Cool, I have some friends that live up in that area, they graduated from garden city HS and live in Canton. If you could do 65 with a 140 then I should be able to get to 60 with a 135, man I wish it would get warmer, I've had enough of this weather.

1973 MX-15 RE-PAINTED IN '03
'75 JOHNSON 135 V4 REBUILT '02
50 MPH ON GPS AT STOCK SETTINGS

Back