• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Hope to buy a new or used Pulsare 2400 BRX

I think it is legit, but you have to order it from the dealer and the price appears to be $90,000 with a 300R and trailer if I read everything correctly. They might give you a bit off that price. Not sure how long you would have to wait for the boat to be built. (in other words how many there are ahead of this order in the production line). If you are interested, call them and see what they say.

Still a crazy price. I've bought a lot of new Checkmates over the years and usually got up to 20% off MSRP and certainly never gave a dealer their asking price. I guess those days are over.

Still a crazy price. I've bought a lot of new Checkmates over the years and usually got up to 20% off MSRP and certainly never gave a dealer their asking price. I guess those days are over.
Dealers all over the country are having a hard time getting boats. They stock up with large inventories in Dec - Feb and by May there are no boats left on the lot. So none of them give you much discount right now because they can sell everything they have. I suspect that will change with the economy.
I think the dealer would give you something off that $90K but perhaps more like 10%, but you never know until you ask. I will sell my new Checkmate in a few years and buy a Tri-Toon. Most decent Tri-Toons in the 23 - 24ft range with a 300HP are in the $70 - $100K range which is crazy, but they are selling them at those prices. So a 2400 Pulsare and a Tri-Toon the same length with same engine are similar prices. Tri-Toons were always much cheaper but with similar engines, and they made them much fancier, and likely the biggest culprit, they are in high demand, so they get those prices. People line up to buy $150K surf boats, and many are over $200K.

I can also confirm Avalanche is a real boat dealer here in Washington, NC; I drive by the place every day I go to work.

Reactions: JW
Bangor Pennsylvania, Facebook Marketplace has a nice 24 BRX for sale. $74K. No connection to it, just thought Id mention

So is this one not legit?

What Glenn said. Looks like the dealer has a build slot and has listed the boat so he doesn't have to floor plan it. With a 300R, the options listed, and a trailer I don't think that price is too terrible.

I've seen a few listed much higher but this pricing looks to be more in line with other performance boats of similar size and construction.

Still tho, 90k!! Ouch.

By the way Baysville I’m not too far from you on Kushog lake I ordered a 2100br pretty well loaded other than GPS antenna in the swim platform with an aluminum trailer and it’s about $90,000. No motor

Many years ago, I lived on Trout Lake in North Bay, Ont. When I saw that you paid $90K for the boat without an engine, I knew it had to be Canadian $. Still that is probably around $70K USD which is still expensive for a 2100 but perhaps that is what they cost today. I bought the 2nd last boat built at Checkmate in Bucyrus, Ohio and it was a 2020 Pulsare 2400 long deck with a 300R. I hope you enjoy your new ride, Caldwell has made some good improvements to the Checkmate line from what I have read but have never seen one up close.

Seems like every marina/dealer I've talked to is sold out or 2021 model boats and are desperate to find used boats to sell. Many of them are sold out of 2022 models also. Some of the more custom builders are 2-3 years out on production depending on the model. Seems like the demand from last summer is still going strong, but I'm really curious how long it will last. It's hard to believe that prior to last summer boat sales were declining.
I'm with Glenn on the tri-toon. I see some of the new ones being sold and I'm hoping to pick one up in a couple years when someone gets tired of it and the demand has slowed down enough to make it semi-affordable.

Many years ago, I lived on Trout Lake in North Bay, Ont. When I saw that you paid $90K for the boat without an engine, I knew it had to be Canadian $. Still that is probably around $70K USD which is still expensive for a 2100 but perhaps that is what they cost today. I bought the 2nd last boat built at Checkmate in Bucyrus, Ohio and it was a 2020 Pulsare 2400 long deck with a 300R. I hope you enjoy your new ride, Caldwell has made some good improvements to the Checkmate line from what I have read but have never seen one up close.
I bought many Hydrostream boats in the 80s and 90s brand new for under $10,000 including the trailer. Then in 2009 went to the Toronto boat show to buy an Allison grand sport with a motor and trailer and they were already at 70,000. Damn when you think about it even snowmobile‘s and JetSki‘s are 20 to 25,000 today.Yes though you are correct for a 21 foot boat $90,000 is a lot of money should be more like 45 to 50 on a good day

Missed you over the 4th Glenn. We wandered in and out of some of the coves is that area but didn't see the boat on the lift. May not have found the correct cove. I thought I saw you out Monday or Tuesday heading into Frenge Branch as we were headed out, but not sure. I'll be down again over Labor Day so maybe we can connect then.
Did spend some time with the guys at a local marina who are working on a recently acquired Nordic 28 with a Whipple-charged 496 mag HO, so keep an eye out for them. His name is Adam - nice guy and fun to talk with.

Missed you over the 4th Glenn. We wandered in and out of some of the coves is that area but didn't see the boat on the lift. May not have found the correct cove. I thought I saw you out Monday or Tuesday heading into Frenge Branch as we were headed out, but not sure. I'll be down again over Labor Day so maybe we can connect then.
Did spend some time with the guys at a local marina who are working on a recently acquired Nordic 28 with a Whipple-charged 496 mag HO, so keep an eye out for them. His name is Adam - nice guy and fun to talk with.
You would not have seen my boat because it was covered by a grey cover that covers the sides and the engine and the dock beside me has the same grey cover (but larger) covering his 26 ft Regal. Sorry I missed you, if you come this way again drop me a line and I will give you my phone number and you can call when you wander up the coves.

I wanted to post that I have now purchased a 2015 Pulsare 2000 BRX with a tuned 200 Verado Pro and have stopped searching for a 24 BRX for now…thanks for all the posts helping my on my search for a Checkmate

I wanted to post that I have now purchased a 2015 Pulsare 2000 BRX with a tuned 200 Verado Pro and have stopped searching for a 24 BRX for now…thanks for all the posts helping my on my search for a Checkmate
Post some pics of your new mate when you get the chance.

Forgot the BRX detail, Tuff doesn't make a bowrider, Progression might as they are a custom builder.

Checkmate pricing is ridiculous, over $100,000 for a 24 BRX? good luck with that.
Progression would never build a bowrider.

Forgot the BRX detail, Tuff doesn't make a bowrider, Progression might as they are a custom builder.

Checkmate pricing is ridiculous, over $100,000 for a 24 BRX? good luck with that.
You not gonna touch a 24’ bow rider for less then $125,000 no a days

You not gonna touch a 24’ bow rider for less then $125,000 no a days
You would think caldwell would offer their unproven build quality at a more reasonable price to get more boats out there. After what happened with the seacat fiasco, their reputation is questionable.

You would think caldwell would offer their unproven build quality at a more reasonable price to get more boats out there. After what happened with the seacat fiasco, their reputation is questionable.
There is nothing questionable about their build quality they already have over 12 24’ brx ordered and they are built like tanks. Caldwell is a perfectionist and they build top notch stuff daily.

There is nothing questionable about their build quality they already have over 12 24’ brx ordered and they are built like tanks. Caldwell is a perfectionist and they build top notch stuff daily.
Ryan, They have had a de-lamination issue with a 24 they built during their first launch. Plus they tried to screw an owner on a sea-cat that nearly sunk due to poor manufacturing quality. Because they didn't carry the proper warranty insurance, which is where all the legal issues with caldwell stemmed from, so they had to fold for a while. And now they are changing a proven layup without any testing and using their customers as a guinea pigs, while charging big $$$. I sure hope they have the proper warranty insurance this time around.

Back