• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

How Much Longer To Spring?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Are we almost there yet?

Bill sent these pics over to remind us that summer will return again, he promises!
thumb.gif

BillBud.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

Are we almost there yet?

Bill sent these pics over to remind us that summer will return again, he promises!
thumb.gif

BillBud.jpg

Webmaster

Billbud2.jpg

Webmaster

icon_frown.gif
Basically for me, the Checkmate is down for 6 months. Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar. I was just thinking this weekend, 3 months down, 3 to go! Half way through my yearly ordeal!

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

My last ride was at the end of September. The earliest I'll be able to get mine out, is most likely beginning of May.
icon_frown.gif

Webmaster

All I can say is winter sucks!!!! My season doesn't start until May 1. That is when my rac storage begins. Until then, the C-Mate sits on the trailer in the yard. At least it is a good time to work on it while it is home.

icon_eek.gif
How can you guys live over the winter without boating for so long. You say you guys end in September/October. I last water-skied in mid-October, but I had to use a wet-suit, which I usually don't do! I see a Hydrostream going down the river near the end of November. Is it true that boats perform better when it is cooler? I think so, but what if its too cold, do you start to lose performance at a certain temperature?
icon_mad.gif
icon_frown.gif
I CAN'T WAIT EITHER, I FEEL YOUR PAIN
icon_frown.gif
icon_mad.gif

It really sucks waiting until spring! Where I live, there are times where we can't get on the Mississippi until the end of June or we may lose at least a month in the middle of boating season beause of floods. We may be under drought here, but if they get a lot of winter snow or a good rain storm in the summer up in Minnesota, we will flood down here or even if the water is not too high there many times where there is too much debris. To my knowledge, it can only be too cold if you do not have the right jets for the carb. Your prop will even get more bite in cold water, less oxygen in it, but somtimes you will have to adjust your motor height slightly to get the rpm's back up to the max. When I used to race, I had props that I would run only on early spring and late fall because we could not raise or lower the motor, the height and trim angle was set by the APBA.

Back