• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

    » Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

I dont get it?

Alright,
I have a 202br persuader, runs great, doesnt stall bogg, burn/leak oil, doesnt smoke. starts every time hot or cold goes 60.. earlier in the year this thing went about 64-65 and the acceleration would put you in your seat from 40 to 60, seriously it pulled like a car.. I had a fuel issue a couple months ago (**** in the tank) and that was resolved but ever since then it seems to not accelerate as as fast and only does 60 and thats balls out.. what happened here?? I replaced plugs (light tan in color after its ran a couple months), rebuilt the carb and thats fine, never really did anything else accept drain the tank and replaced water/fuel seprator.. it does have a lot of funk on the bottom of it because its in all summer.. I dont think a scummy bottom would slow it down like this, or would it? other than that do you think it is water logged and a bit heavier or something?? I would think if there was any real significant carb or timming issues i would have problems right now, but i dont just a lttle lower perfromance.. engine only has 280 hours on it.. prop looks fine, nothing major that i noticed just a few tiny dings and scratches..
 
You let that boat sit in the water??? :shakehead:

1. Yes, the scum on the bottom is slowing you down. You're also going to get osmotic blistering, if you haven't already. http://www.capsante.com/Articles/osmotic.htm

2. The warmer/humid mid-summer air will also slow you down compared to the cooler/dry early spring and late fall conditions.

That's just two of many things that could be slowing you down.
 
Tank

I had a fuel issue a couple months ago (**** in the tank) .
Pull the fuel outlet fitting that the hose attaches to at the tank and look for a screen on the bottom of it. Mine was stopped up. I ended up having to have the bottom of my tank replaced to stop the trash issue. I have not replaced the filter once since.(2 1/2 years)
 
ok that make sense guys, i dont blame it on hot weather because i live in michigan lol and this summer has been cold and crappy.. i was thinking about that pick up for the tank too (the old fuel problem was tank related), i will look at it again.. I am getting a hoist for it next year, I just couldnt $wing it this year....
 
That blistering effect happens in fresh water? I had a 84 rinker that sat at my dock in every summer all summer for 20 years and the hull looked beautiful, the interior needed work and it ran like **** but the hull really looked awesome. :confused:
 
Back
Top