• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

ILLINOIS MATES?

I know that there are some other members from Illinois, but damn if they aren't a quiet bunch.

Taking the obvious (Lake Michigan) out of the picture, where do Illinois boaters tend to go? Buddy at work recommended Lake Shelbyville, but that's several hours away. For that sort of drive I could drive up 94 and meet some of the Michigan members at their local hangouts I bet.

Anybody got any recommendations for a guy sitting right on the Illinois / Northeast Indiana border?

I am up here on the chain in the northwest 'burbs of chicago. lots of good boating. restaurants, bars, marinas, sandbar for swimmin & partying...even racing every thursday night. gets crazy on the weekends but it is fun to see all the awesome boats. the area was a huge resort area years ago, now most resorts are gone and the waterfront property is high dollar single family. here is lots of info and pictures.

http://www.funonthefox.com/

huge photo gallery. enjoy!

looks like about 90 miles from lynwood. well worth the trip pulling a starflight. just be carefull as the waterway has some very shallow spots, you need to pay attention to where others go. most is navigable but if you dont see boats there dont go there! If you make the trip I could show ya around the lakes, been out there 15+ years and havent wrecked a prop yet!

yeah, we are a lonely bunch here in IL, i dont get to the fox chain but on thursday nights for the races. Rockriver is local, OK family hang out for a few hours on the weekend. otherwise, we travel up to Castle Rock lake in WI, Mississippi river, Lake Michigan............or what ever is going on. Mostly a quick fix on the river locally.

im another illinois mate..havent seen to many where i boat.. althogh i do live in a town of 800 people and there are 2 that i know of...both black and silver...lol ... i love shelbyville lake. and ive boated on kincade lake, carlyle lake and a few smaller lakes here in illinois..table rock and lake of the ozarks in missouri.. i guess you could say my hometown lake is lou yager in litchfield, IL. it is a smaller lake that is usually calm through the week and just busy enough on the weekends to have a good time...If there are any other mates in the area hit me up sometime and maybe we could get somthing goin... cheers :cheers:

I normally boat on the Mississippi river near the Quad Cities and also the Illinois river near Peoria.

Jason

I live about 30 min from jtellor and boat most of the same places, plus the mighty mississippi north of st louis.

Another IL guy here. I do all my boating in the fox chain of lakes and the fox river south of the mchenry dam

il mate

i haven't been on this page in a while but i guess ill jump in and represent Chicago, though i use my boat in Wisconsin. i think i would want a bigger boat for around here.

I am up here on the chain in the northwest 'burbs of chicago. lots of good boating. restaurants, bars, marinas, sandbar for swimmin & partying...even racing every thursday night. gets crazy on the weekends but it is fun to see all the awesome boats. the area was a huge resort area years ago, now most resorts are gone and the waterfront property is high dollar single family. here is lots of info and pictures.

http://www.funonthefox.com/

huge photo gallery. enjoy!

Ok I realize this post is old but I'm another Fox River and Chain boater. My dad's been here for 25 years. It's a great set of lakes with a river. My dad says that it was named the busiest in land waterway when Lake Geneva in Wisconsin implemented a speed limit. I personally love it. I'm almost 17 and my family and I spend nights up in the chain a few times a year on our flybridge boat. We live on the lower river. It takes about an 1.5 to 2 hours to get up there. And I'm able to take my own little hydroplane out on the river and not have too many waves if I go out at the right time. Blarney's Island has some very awesome boat races with v drive, jets, and outboards every Thursday. I think the river and chain are about 40 miles long, from WI border to Algonquin dam. For those who don't know, there's a set of locks that connects the lower and upper river.

I thought I should explain more about it for those looking for place to boat.

The chain is awsome! I race my allison there every thursday! Burgandy and white bass boat in Lake racer, I won in 2011 and 2013 High points!
Ok I realize this post is old but I'm another Fox River and Chain boater. My dad's been here for 25 years. It's a great set of lakes with a river. My dad says that it was named the busiest in land waterway when Lake Geneva in Wisconsin implemented a speed limit. I personally love it. I'm almost 17 and my family and I spend nights up in the chain a few times a year on our flybridge boat. We live on the lower river. It takes about an 1.5 to 2 hours to get up there. And I'm able to take my own little hydroplane out on the river and not have too many waves if I go out at the right time. Blarney's Island has some very awesome boat races with v drive, jets, and outboards every Thursday. I think the river and chain are about 40 miles long, from WI border to Algonquin dam. For those who don't know, there's a set of locks that connects the lower and upper river.

I thought I should explain more about it for those looking for place to boat.

That water looks like a cup of Starbucks.
Double espresso ,,,,,Yeah EY you do not want to jump in right there 1 ft of water and 3 ft mud! Darn runoff of all the farms then north of there an hour were im from its all septic runoff! LOL:drool:

Back