• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Johnson HELP!

Saw an add for a 1979 Johnson 75 stinger. The add says the motor idles good but at half throttle shakes like crazy. Could this be an internal problem rendering it scrap? I had a sport e stinger on a 14 ft tunnel and it flew. So I am kinda partial to these motors. But can't afford to buy junk! :)

Don't waste your time on a motor that is not running right in the first place, unless you know how to fix it. Or get it for free and just want to take it apart to learn. You can buy a lot of expensive parts and still have a piece of junk

Know how to fix it?

Don't waste your time on a motor that is not running right in the first place, unless you know how to fix it. Or get it for free and just want to take it apart to learn. You can buy a lot of expensive parts and still have a piece of junk

Read my avatar

Read my avatar

I know who you are, if you want to look at it, buy it and fix it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

But a guy who can't fix it himself, and can't diagnose what's wrong himself or if it's too far away and he is reliing on the seller to tell him, well that is not the motor to buy. Unless it's free or maybe $20.

You ever said what is wrong with it. So like we always tell everyone, If it's got spark, compression and there's no water in the gearcase, It just needs a tune-up and a water pump. Did you check any of that yet??

found out this boat and motor was on Craigslist last year and never sold. The motor has been removed from the boat. Unless I can get it for little to nothing, it is too big of a risk for me.

Back