• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Keuka Lake

I'm in!

Bill, I'm thinking about doing the Battleship run with my Senator... I keep having flashbacks from the run in the Hydrostream though!

BCook79, There might be flashback's but we had one H#!! of a time... Like we have said if the water is rough this summer jump on board with me.

CheckmateFever, Where on Keuka Lake is your place? Where would you recomend we meet up for the Mate get together? You know the lake far better than I do.

CheckmateFever, Where on Keuka Lake is your place? Where would you recomend we meet up for the Mate get together? You know the lake far better than I do.

I'm on the far east side of the lake, about 8 miles south of Penn Yan. As far as meeting up i guess it depends on where you guy's are gonna be launching from. We could just pic a time, get our boats out and meet around the bluff point. It'll be hard to miss one another lol. I'm thinking early afternoon-ish maybe, head to one of the resturants around dinner time in the evening, something like that. Doesn't matter to me if we have an agenda or not, i'm down for just about anything! It's good we're getting things and ideas layed out now, by the looks of it we have the potential to have quite a few 'Mates show up!! :cheers:

I don't think they enforce any serious noise policy's to tell you the truth. I'm sure there are enforceable ordinances in place but i've never had them say anything about mine, and Keiths (Kdebolt) boat is much louder than mine and he's never had any issues either that i'm aware of. Also, there is a 34' Scarab just down from me with twin blown 502's, when it's uncorked it's the definition of thunder boat, i've seen him go past the water patrol and not be stopped. I've heard it was an issue, mostly on Seneca tho, several years back but has since more or less blown over. I truely believe we will be OK, as long we keep it safe and not be crazy we won't be botherd by the lake patrol.

Noise wont be a problem but speed will 45 mph I got nailed last year I know the people on the boat if ryans working that day we will be fine.

Im one the west side in Penn Yan about 20 our so houses down from were you come out the chanel you guys with the smaller boats can lanch in Penn Yan and drive down the chanel the bigger boat it might be better to go to the state park in branchport.

I am really getting excited about this event. :banana: I think you have the idea CheckmateFever with picking a rough time and location to meet up. Is there any places we could meet up with dock's so we can walk around to check out each other's boats? Rafting off each other works but then we are walking all over each other's boats. I am a big guy and love to eat so finding a spot to dock and eat is great. You know the lake fare better than I do. I would recommend having a rough itinerary so no one is pointing fingers about what to expect. I propose meet up at a predetermined destination early afternoon for approx 1-2 hours, talk, snack, etc. Take a cruise as a group around the lake, dock up at a restaurant for an early dinner. After that go our separate ways or whatever.

I am really getting excited about this event. :banana: I think you have the idea CheckmateFever with picking a rough time and location to meet up. Is there any places we could meet up with dock's so we can walk around to check out each other's boats? Rafting off each other works but then we are walking all over each other's boats. I am a big guy and love to eat so finding a spot to dock and eat is great. You know the lake fare better than I do. I would recommend having a rough itinerary so no one is pointing fingers about what to expect. I propose meet up at a predetermined destination early afternoon for approx 1-2 hours, talk, snack, etc. Take a cruise as a group around the lake, dock up at a restaurant for an early dinner. After that go our separate ways or whatever.

Yeah this starting to sound like it's gonna be a really good time, maybe even start a yearly tradition!! If we meet up early afternoon i'd say the best place to head would be the Switz. We could dock up and hang out there for a little bit, i like the idea of being able to check out others boats up close, good pic opportunity too (BOTM? lol). Then go for a run around the lake, rafting up is fun to, then everyone else on the lake can go by and stare with envy! :D As far is dinner, actually Keith would know better about which resturant would be good, i eat at the Switz all the time but haven't been to any of the other lake side resturants in many years, i'm not really sure how they are for docking. Plan is coming together quite well, should be a good day on the water!

sounds like a good idea. I don't get many weekends off due to a rotating work schedule. always wanted to check it out, have seen it driving down rt 54 going to deliver in bath. the 45 mph always scares me as my boat really likes to cruise around 60,and when the need comes around top out in the high 70's low 80's depending on water conditions.then there is the noise issue. ever heard a v-8 johnson with open exhuast at 600rpm??? can u say scream, it will ring your ears.your father in law will never complain about big blocks with open exhaust again. one last question how rough does it get on a typical day?my spectra likes fairly smooth water chop is ok but no big rollers.

Wife and I are coming up again this year, but do to scheduling conflicts aren't coming up until the the week of Aug 20-27. We would love to be part of the gathering though.

sounds like a good time, doubt I will make it back that way for it, since I'll be there the week before that, but I dont have anything on the calendar that weekend, so maybe...

BCook79,
Bring that Senator down to the Battleship!
Uh, oh guys. I forgot the weekend of July 14th I'm tied up with another event. I do competitive shooting as well and my club has it's annual 3 gun championship that whole weekend and I'm one of the directors .
Also I was mistaken about the Oneida Lake Swamp Run. It is not July 28th but Aug. 4th.

Yes BCook79 bring the Senator to the Battleship run. That goes for anyone else that is interested in a real fun weekend with great boat owners.(not all Checkmate's but we won't hate them for it).

Whiplash I am real sad to hear you can't make the 14th. But I am looking forward to meeting up at the Battleship July 21.

CheckmateFever, how is the docking at the Switz? How many boats can they handle?

Themudshark, I have never seen Keuka rough at all but I honestly do most of my boating on Seneca (A rough Lake...) Hope to see you there, your boat sounds Bad A$$.

Yes BCook79 bring the Senator to the Battleship run. That goes for anyone else that is interested in a real fun weekend with great boat owners.(not all Checkmate's but we won't hate them for it).

Whiplash I am real sad to hear you can't make the 14th. But I am looking forward to meeting up at the Battleship July 21.

CheckmateFever, how is the docking at the Switz? How many boats can they handle?

Themudshark, I have never seen Keuka rough at all but I honestly do most of my boating on Seneca (A rough Lake...) Hope to see you there, your boat sounds Bad A$$.

The Switz has a nice docking area, can handle a decent number of boats, just have to see how busy they are in the afternoon, that may or may not be an issue no matter where we go. I've seen some of the SPBA guy's meet there during their September Keuka Lake get together. Since Wiplash can't make it do we want to think about a different date, or stick to July 14?

Whiplash, that's to bad you can't make it for the 14th, if we do decide on that weekend, but don't be a stranger to Keuka, i'm always there and would love to meet up and see the boat up close!

Sschifer, glad to here your coming back up again this year, we'll get together for sure! :cheers:

Teamhart2, hope you can come back down for the 'Mate get together, if not i"ll probably catch you the week before, are you gonna be around over the weekend before the 4th, the 30th/1st?

Hey Jason,
I will be getting down to the lake on that Saturday before the 4th sometime, and will be around till the following weekend. We are renting a place a bit south from my buddies parents place where you saw me last year, but should definitely try to meet up sat or sunday if thats when you'll be around.

July 14th is a better weekend for me.

Sounds good, we'll stick with the 14th!

Kevin, yup i'll be around that Saturday and Sunday before the 4th for sure. It sucks how it worked out this year tho, as of now i won't be there for the 4th, i'm leaving to go out of town early Thursday morning the 5th so i'll be back down in my home town. I'm gonna talk to my boss and see if i can take a couple vacation day's before the 4th, i really don't wanna miss the 4th on the lake!

CheckmateFever, where is your home town? I thought you lived on or near Keuka Lake.

Unfortionatly no, i don't live on the lake, just my family's summer cottage and i keep my boat right there safe and sound in a covered shore/rail lift (my avatar pic). I live in Elmira, it's only an hour ride for me up to the cottage.

Back