• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Cumberland Owners Rally Planning.

RNGRDVE

As we all know our home marina for the owners rally has been Grider Hill and we have all experienced some issues. I am contacting other marinas to see what they offer as far as hotels, covered slips and discounts to see if anyone can accommodate our group. Anyone with input or suggestions on anything rally related please post here.
Despite the weather we were happy with the turnout and outcome of the 2014 rally and we are starting our planning early this year to make the 2015 event even better.

From my perspective and my wife and I are old folks now 60 years old, we were hardly in the room, so as long as it is clean and air-conditioned I can tolerate some other issues. Again my issues with Grider for the two previous years were the same, screwed up reservation, and the slips. While a covered slip is really nice, because it seems to at least rain at some point that week end, more importantly is the assurance that when you have a reservation for a room, that you have a slip guaranteed, which Grider will not do, or at least would not for me. As for the best geographical location relative to the lake, I don't have an opinion. Also so that the planners can get this put together, I plan to attend regardless of the launch point location.

Chuck

My idea on gridder would be to contact the general manager and only deal with them. Therefor only having 1 contact so maybe proper notation can be made then destributed to the store and lodge! And let them know of all the problems in past years so maybe they will be more inclined to step up! I don't know if that will help but worth a try. They also have the ability to keep us all together on the docks that was proven this year with more planning on there part (and the fact that we rented 2 houseboats) that would be posable

I think it would be fair to let them response to this issues and give them a chance to make it better. If they dont, its WOT to another marina..

Jeff is going to contact the owner of girder to discuss our concerns. We are still exploring other possibilities.

I have talked to the manager of Grider.... My morning can of Monster I'm drinking right now has more brains. My guess is the owners aren't going to care since the marina is for sale right now.

Back