• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Lake Hopatcong...

HollaGeo

I took my "restored" Checkmate MX-15 to the lake twice this Summer on Sundays. I was able to open her up but not for long due to the wakes, waves, etc. I don't know if my question has a definitive answer, but when is the lake ever like glass or close. I was thinking a weekday OR is it ever smooth???

Lake Hopatcong

During the weekend, all the traffic makes the lake pretty choppy. But on a weekday, there are very few people out there, it's like glass. I tend to make my "speed" runs after dinner or late afternoon on sunday after most people have gone home. Let me know if you are coming out this way or if you need any info about the area.

Now that Labor Day is almost upon us, it should be better in the coming weeks.

There's a few of us heading down the Delaware from Trenton if you're interested on Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

II was hoping to ride down the Delaware with those guys but won't be able to make it. If you feel like taking a ride up to Greenwood Lake its under an hour from Clifton but it will be busy that weekend here too unless you get out early in the morning. We should be out all day Saturday and Monday. Sunday we won't get out until later in the afternoon. Shoot me a PM, I'm on the site a lot and will probably get it in no time.

Back