• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Looking for information on the 1970's Jolly Rodger Jet Boats

wickedrister

I remember the Jolly Rodger jet boats from when I was a kid. There were 2 of them that ran around on the Ohio River in the upper Ohio Vally. Can anyone tell me some history on this boat company. Can anyone post some pics of the boats. "Thanks"everyone "Fred"

OOPS ! Don't think that link worked
irked.gif

2 Other 1970's jet boats I like that look like the Jollyrodger

I like the Cobra-jet made bt GMC and the Pioneer jet all made in the early to mid 70's. I am looking for one to restore.

wicked,

Did you try looking on the Fiberglassics site?

They have a pretty big listing of oddball vintage boats.

Fiberglassics

Chris said:
wicked,

Did you try looking on the Fiberglassics site?

They have a pretty big listing of oddball vintage boats.
Hi Chris and yes I have checked over on Fiberglassics. I did see a few Hustler boats that were cool looking but no Jollyrodger jets.....................Cool site! Thank you!

There are quite a few that used that hull design I had one as well, it was an 19ft American Skier mine was fitted with an outdrive but they did come with jets as well. Apallo and fiberform built that hull as well i saw a fiberform a few years back for 7000 it was mint but it was an i/o. That hull design is some what legendary some on the vin had the initials DGB which have been refered to to as DAMN GOOD BOAT hull. They were very popular up here in Washington St. ,quite a few still around. they handle higher speeds very nicely. I actually saw an abandoned one neer my work about a year ago on a side road it was a jet but had no motor. Ive always loved those hull styles with the metal flake just classic never outdated lines and style. Aaron

aaronmt said:
There are quite a few that used that hull design I had one as well, it was an 19ft American Skier mine was fitted with an outdrive but they did come with jets as well. Apallo and fiberform built that hull as well i saw a fiberform a few years back for 7000 it was mint but it was an i/o. That hull design is some what legendary some on the vin had the initials DGB which have been refered to to as DAMN GOOD BOAT hull. They were very popular up here in Washington St. ,quite a few still around. they handle higher speeds very nicely. I actually saw an abandoned one neer my work about a year ago on a side road it was a jet but had no motor. Ive always loved those hull styles with the metal flake just classic never outdated lines and style. Aaron
Aaron thanks for the information!

AARON

I looked at the American and the Apollo on a vintage jet boat site. They are cool boats and one of the 2 would do fine. I like the wrap around windshield style of the Jolly Rodger,Pioneer and CobraJet vs. the stand up windshield style on the Anerican and Apollo but I think any of the 5 would make a way cool family project boat. Now all I need to do is find a hull that is solid and still has good metal flake. I don't care about the engine or pump. A good hull is all I really need to get started. Check out the link for the Vintage Jet Boats you may enjoy looking at them http://www.teshio.com/JetBoat/jetboats.html

Back