• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"Wanted" Looking for the factory option sfx covers

Looking for a set of Checkmate center console SFx factory covers. Any Input would be helpful. Thanks

I don’t know the SFX model at all. Are the covers you are looking for cloth or Fiberglass/ plastic? If cloth, the Checkmate upholstery shop in Ohio is still functioning, so they could be ordered and remade there.
If fiberglass, the new owners of the company in New York might be able to help you.

Thanks

I am looking for the factory mooring covers for the console and the entire boat. Figured it would work better than the one size fits all covers online.

The Checkmate upholstery shop has been pretty reasonable price wise, but very busy the few times I called. I ended up getting a local upholstery shop near me to re create the seats skins in marine vinyl and then make morning covers as well. Also fairly reasonable price wise.

If you are getting covers made, some advise I have is to get them made in a more water proof and durable product than Sunbrella(factory covers are Sunbrella) While it has a great cloth/canvas like feel to it, Sunbrella is not as good as Topgun or Cspan for the job a mooring or trailer cover has to do.

282, do you have a 250 SFX? What do you think about it? Motor? Speed?
I’ve thought about one for my next boat.

Good luck-

Yes

282, do you have a 250 SFX? What do you think about it? Motor? Speed?
I’ve thought about one for my next boat.

Good luck-
I am looking at one, have a deal on it but a test drive is all thats left. It has a 300XS on it.... I was told its a 55mph boat, I will let you know. Cool boat, I have a 33 donzi Zf with twin 250's that runs high 50's. looking to downsize a little bit. I have heard its not a fast hull. I miss my Starliner I bought from a member on here but it was time to move on, that was one of my all time favorite boats.

Back