• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Making my v-mate skif into a long deck v-mate

paulsboats

1901724_717132374973594_1450714993_n.jpg

Interesting. I think I might have gone center helm but looks like you are moving right along there. Is that a Vance hot foot?

I still might in the future fab up a filler for the center and move the steering. Its a TH marine hotfoot. Back to the grind!

My origanal plans for my dump find was to put a 5.7 inboard 2;1 Borg warner and a 24x24 four blade prop. I did build the stringers just for that. maybe in the future.lol

Your'e better off with some black on the back. Putting a car engine on there would just slow it down not to mention it would be too heavy without more of a rise on your gunwales.

Your'e better off with some black on the back. Putting a car engine on there would just slow it down not to mention it would be too heavy without more of a rise on your gunwales.
Maybe some day a black motah will find a home on the back. But for now thhe white 200.00 motah works great! Do you still have that T.O.P.laying around?

Not sure how I missed this thread for the last couple weeks but glad I found it.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I love to watch -- fabrications thought out purely for the fun / needs / and wants of the individual.
I am loving what your doing to with the skiff Paul, keep the progress and pics coming :bounce:

This is exactly the kind of stuff I love to watch -- fabrications thought out purely for the fun / needs / and wants of the individual.
I am loving what your doing to with the skiff Paul, keep the progress and pics coming :bounce:

Ditto.:bigthumb: Does anybody know what a ditto is anymore? They sure did smell funny.

Im going to go down to the shop tomorrow and make some replacement panels for the consoles out of some aluminum. and get some more resin supplies.who knows i might get tired of a long deck and make it a bow rider:eyecrazy:

Back