• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Miss Canada IV

I got a chance to see it at Grace and Speed in Gravenhurst. The guy at the museum told me that they found it in a field. I think he told me that the engine serial # is only 4 digits from the original.

picture.php

I'v seen thing thing before on the net. Yeah she is badazz and also a work of art. I'm glad she was not lost to time and brought back to her former glory.

the motor is a 37 litre displacement v12 Rolls Royce. Miss Canada IV is a stretched version of III

There is a whole story of where this boat was in a museum in Ingersol Onatrio and a guy with a load of money has arranged to have it restored to its original state.

check out this vid someone shot during one of it test runs.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9I3-Fi2quk4

Sadly it has been a challenge to get it running and keep it running (pretty much like it was way back when also)

This topic is quite close to me as I grew up with Harold Wilson's grandson and heard many stories of his racing days.

It is a great part of Canadian and Muskoka history.

Back