• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New Member , have a ?

wadea

Greetings , Wade here , live in CT always been a checkmate fan but have never owned one , my question is like to hear opinions on a pulse 185 closed bow with a 175 Merc , so many different checkmate models hard to know what to go with , I have experience with outboards so I would like to stick with them that narrowes it down a little , I do notice from old vintage to newer nobody seems to complain about whatever model they have !!! I guess that says alot !!! , But I have presently found a nice pluse and want the pros and cons of that model.Thanks for any help Wade

Old, used boats get expensive very quickly.
Have it inspected before you buy it.
Water damage in the hull is a nightmare. The transom, floor and stringers are made of wood and there is a balsa wood core as well. If the boat was damaged, poorly looked after, left out in the rain uncovered or left in the water for long periods of time water will have likely seeped into some or all of that wood over the years.

I would buy the newest nicest condition used boat I could afford and find.

Thank you for the input , I was on the right track nice to hear other people's thoughts , not afraid to tackle a transom and stringers but I am getting older and kinda want to just enjoy a boat maybe not rebuilding one but I do like the idea of saving one !!! Thanks , Wade

Back