• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new michigan member

dalwine255

thanks for letting me join this site. a couple months ago a bought a 1974 mx-15 to restore http://s302.photobucket.com/user/dalwine250/media/checkmate_zpsl0gjveq2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5 i am in the process of redoing the transom and floor .next will be full custom paint . 2 weeks ago i bought a trimate for the engine and parts http://s302.photobucket.com/user/dalwine250/media/checkmate 4_zpsxcv7olqg.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4 . i will be using the 140 merc , jack plate , controls , helm and cables from the trimate on the mx-15 . i have loved checkmates since i was a kid and i am excited to put this all together and hit the water in the spring thanks again , dave alwine

thanks for letting me join this site.
You're welcome... (Actually the bar must be set pretty low because they let me join a couple of years ago....)

Anyway, :welcome: to the forum!

Where do you boat? I'm on the Portage Chain of Lakes in Pinckney.

no , i am way down south , just north of south bend indiana . i will be playing on eagle lake here in edwardsburg and diamond lake in cassopolis

JW , what lake near three rivers ? i grew up on long lake by corey . back in the 1970s a group of checkmates used to come long lake on the holiday weekends . thats where my love of checks started

Last edited:
New from Michigan

Hello All, figured I should introduce myself after lurking for a couple weeks. Already gleaned lots of good info here, great forum. Recently acquired a 1980 Predictor w/ 90hp I6 Merc. Replacing interior and doing some very tedious gel coat restoration, goes a lot faster watching on YouTube :). Anyways, will have a few questions that I couldn't answer by searching.
Duane in Ypsilanti.

Welcome; been lurking myself; mostly because I have been busy removing some wet foam...

Recently bought a 1979 Predictor with Merc 900(I6).

No river or lake yet..no need prolly until 2019.

Will try to start separate thread on my boat and new floor.

thanks. Just finished carpeting my new floor and seat mounts. Mounts were the challenge. Always believed I thought well in 3 dimensions till I started duplicating those.

Back