• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

new owner/member of 1982 Checkmate Enchanter Berkeley Jet.

DoubleB84

Hello everyone, Im a new owner of a 1982 checkmate enchanter jet drive

was wondering if anyone had any information on this boat..
I picked it up from Oklahoma last January, boat looked like it was sitting for some time.
when I got it the boat had a small block 327 in it ... I have reason to believe it wasn't original to the boat..
was wondering if anyone had any information ? or maybe had seen this boat before?tempImageQSPWKJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2497.JPG
    IMG_2497.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 14
Sweet looking boat!!! I don't believe the 327" sbc was even an option in 82. I'd be shocked if it didn't come factory with a big block. That would be a perfect project for an all aluminum LS platform..

Sweet looking boat!!! I don't believe the 327" sbc was even an option in 82. I'd be shocked if it didn't come factory with a big block. That would be a perfect project for an all aluminum LS platform..

327 was a 60s motor. I too, suspect it originally had a Big Block. Friend of mine had a 78 Baja bowrider with a Berkeley Jet and a 454.

Back