• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New toy for out team

fast94persuader

Most of you guys have heard me talk about waterskiing and especially slalom. My brother bought a new toy a few weeks ago, We drove up to columbus Ohio to get it.
2007 Mastercraft tournament team editoin. #5 of 100. It is SICK!!!
I can't wait to ski behind it, although his wife said we better sell the malibu first...Right like having two boats is a problem LOL

20140208_112738_zpsf4e6a41e.jpg

20140208_112756_zpsb277be6d.jpg

Brings back memories. Had a '75 Mastercraft (the old Red, White and Blue). Best ski boat I ever had. Really like yours, classic look (no tower) and it's a bow rider for more room. Wish I could still slalom. Some of the best times ever.

You are going to love it, especially at 15' or more off. Good Luck..

Brings back memories. Had a '75 Mastercraft (the old Red, White and Blue). Best ski boat I ever had. Really like yours, classic look (no tower) and it's a bow rider for more room. Wish I could still slalom. Some of the best times ever.

You are going to love it, especially at 15' or more off. Good Luck..

Our malibu is a 95 and its a blast to ski behind but its closed bow and has 550 hours now. Its been used and its time for it to go.
My brother is a 36 mph 15 off skier about to cut line. Im a 26-28 15 off wanna be. But theres nothin like skiin bouys on glass at 6 am! Ya we dont need a tower. Neither do most people who have one lol. No wedge for big wakes either. Just a rocket out of the hole and very little wake.

IMO Mastercraft is the cream of the crop in ski and wakeboard boats.
My good friend has 2009 X7, same boat as the 197 but with a factory tower.(he slaloms but all his kids wanted to wakeboard) so for him it's ideal, he gets the perfect Mastercraft ski wake and then can fill the ballast and get an pretty good wake for his kids.

I really like his boat and almost bought an identical one last year instead of the pulsare.

One negative, bow is so low that if anyone rides up front the boat submarines when you hit any kind of wake or even slow down too fast. He never lets anyone sit up there and it might as well be a closed deck.

Ya we heard about that bow deal if ur real easy when u stop knowing there are people up there it can be avoided. Usually when we have the ski boat out its early or late when its smooth. If were out In rough water we set the speed control at a bow up speed of about 19 turn up the radio and crack a few cold ones. Its actually pretty relaxing.

Back