• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New used Spectra

Fuse

My new used 88 Spectra 170. Had it at the lake today...needs some tweeking
s170s.jpg

Looks great! They are a nice boat. You'll have fun with it. I had a similar model, and hopped it up enough to hit 70 mph. Let me know how fast you want to go
icon_biggrin.gif

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

LOOKS LIKE MY SPECTRA. I'M RUNNING A 200 ON IT NOW. CAN'T USE IT MUCH, ONLY ONE SMALL LAKE IN BUCYRUS. HAVE TO GO UP TO ERIE AND RUN BY CEDAR POINT TO GET IT WIDE OPEN

I am the one who knows all!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CHECKMATE ZEUS:
LOOKS LIKE MY SPECTRA. I'M RUNNING A 200 ON IT NOW. CAN'T USE IT MUCH, ONLY ONE SMALL LAKE IN BUCYRUS. HAVE TO GO UP TO ERIE AND RUN BY CEDAR POINT TO GET IT WIDE OPEN

I am the one who knows all! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude, just go straight and jump the cedars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webmaster
Checkmate-Boats.com-The Fanatics Home!

It has a Johnson 110 on it right now. I am looking for a 150 for it. I am new at this...What makes the nose go straight in the air when I take off? My Vmate didn't do that and it had a 115 Mercury. I had it to 45 on the speedo yesterday - but again, I don't know how to trim it out yet.

Is there a picture of your spectra on here? Maybe I missed it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CHECKMATE ZEUS:

I am the one who knows all! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fuse, the nose-up attitude is possibly caused by trim? Are you tucking the engine all the way under before you take off?

1995 2100BR/1995 225 Promax/23" Tempest

I have the exact same boat but one year newer. Those are some grat boats!!! You definatly need a V6. I ahd a 150 Johnson, and still wanted more. I am finishinf up a bigger motor now. Check it out under taylor Checkmate

1989 17' Checkmate 300 Johnson
1973 16' Avenger 150 Johnson

Sweet boat fuse.If it still does it when its trimed down all the way make sure the towing pin is in the lowest hole or closest to the transom.One of my friends did this on a boat he was unfamiler with. just a thought. have fun with it.
thumb.gif

The pin is not in the closest hole to the transom. We'll try that. thanks.

What pitch did you run with the 150 Taylor? Anything else special you did?

I'm going to GPS it on wednesday and try to learn how to trim it out...

I was turning a 22p raker. I had the 60 degree vee 150 and it would turn around 5500-5700. I never get an exact apeed,but it was around 55. I wanted one size smaller prop but never got a hold of one. I did not have a jack plate on it then, so I could have gotten more. This summer will be different. How does the interior on yours look? Any more pics. My boat always stood up on end on takeoff, expecially trimmed positive. Thats one of the reasons I liked it. Bring it on down to Wrightville Beach for a weekend, and we'll get it right!!!

I am running a 17p and GPS'd it saturday at 42. I still haven't gotten the feel for trimming it out yet.

I can't say I have ever had a problem trimming it out. I have always been impressed in how steady it was trimmed out. I know it sounds weird, but it was kind of boring. Thats why I am going to try something a little larger. Does your boat want to hestitate when planing or does it get right up? Have you checked your engine height? (what notch it is in) How about some more pics!!!!!

Back