• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Newbie looking for help.

GS280

Screenshot_20210325-193430_Facebook.jpg
Hi All. I am new to this site, and have enjoyed all the knowledgeable posts. I have owned numerous boats over the years, but only one checkmate, a 1976 Trimate with a 115 Tower of Power. That was 30+ years ago and loved that boat. Anyway, I am looking to buy another checkmate, that is in the picture above. The owner has very limited knowledge of the boat. It is a 2001 and the Owner thinks it's 25' . Can someone confirm if this is a Convincor? I thought they made a 260 Convincor in 2001, but didn't think they made a 25'? Also, it has the 454 mag mpi, what would this run at wot? Thanks for your help! Gary

Look for a Coast Guard label near the throttle (silver or white with yellow). It will tell you the year, model, size and capacity unless it was removed.

Thanks for the replies. I now think it's a zt 230 open bow. I will look for the label when I go tomorrow. Thanks again.

Yes it looks like a ZT230br, I like he colors on that one, I think it’s a 68-75mph boat.

Last edited:
Back