• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

no hole shot

paradisekid

im a proud new owner of a 1980 20'checkmate eluder w/225 johnson v6 mounted to the transom bought for a great price so never took on a test drive.when i try to go the bow goes straight up and then the prop sounds and feels like it spun the hub then i let off and try again.stuck in the hole???????/can anyone help

im a proud new owner of a 1980 20'checkmate eluder w/225 johnson v6 mounted to the transom bought for a great price so never took on a test drive.when i try to go the bow goes straight up and then the prop sounds and feels like it spun the hub then i let off and try again.stuck in the hole???????/can anyone help

Tucked in means trimmed all the way down. I don't know anything about outboards, but I think the first thing to look at would be the prop hub..

If the bow goes straight up and it is cavitating, it sounds like you have the motor trimmed way up.

Trim it all the way down and give it a go.
icon_smile.gif

yea i checked those the motor was all the way in and the first thing i change was the prop,brand new.could the motor be moving out by itself???

Is the motor bolted directly to the transome, and how far below the bottom of the boat is the prop shaft?
F150GT

thanks to all of you,i splashed the chec today and when i trimmed the motor all the way down i noticed that it wasnt all the way tucked in so i held the trim button down and it very slowly tucked in i feel stupid, but man does she go.thanks again for your help

Back