• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

On the Warpath

Kurtster

This video has been posted here before a couple of times, however, it remains my favorite over the years, and I think it deserves to be revisited now and again --- especially when approaching a new season.
For all the older members --- enjoy again.
For the newer members --- you gotta see this..

Good lord if this video doesn't get your adrenaline pumping and wanting to get in your performance boat and put the hammer down, then you should go purchase a canoe.

So strap yourself in and enjoy....and let this video help get you enthused for a fun upcoming FAST boating season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o94ZHLXzTZM

Man i love that classic offshore racing footage!! When i was a kid i used to VHS record every race that was on TV back when ESPN actually had boat racing on regularly, and i'd re-watch them over and over again! Might have been just slightly after most of that footage in that particular video when i was recording them, but i fondly remember boats like the Apache's INXS, Little Ceasers, Lucky Strike, and Apache Kid, and the fast cats like Dirty Luandry, Spirit of the Amazon, Al Copelands Popeyes and of course Don Johnsons Team USA. I can't remember the last time i saw any offshore racing on TV, Speed Channel used to show some European racing a while back but it's just not the same as the old school American offshore racing!

Its a Beautiful thing when all comes together and stays together!

Heres one of my favorites, Its an oldie of the Gold Cup here in Detroit. Back when Detroit was the only three mile course on the circuit. They shorten it to 2 miles a few yrs after this race.

If you don't watch the whole final, You have to watch the back stretch drag race between Miss Bud & Atlas Van Lines its electrifying Apx. 2:40 - 3:30. Talk about Nads, They had Nads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9A3lHRImuk

Back