• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pilgrimage to Port Carling

redstrat

My father, brother and I took a short trip to Port Carling to research where my grandfather bought his 1949 Seabird. We have decided to put it in the water after 40 years of dry storage, and thought maybe we should talk to a few of the guys who do this everyday. Jeremy and Dylan were very helpful at Duke's. We found out that our boat was built at the Port Carling Boat Works, and the building still stands today. We took time to go to Gravenhurst to go through the Grace and Speed museum and take a cruise on the Segwun a 127 year old steamship. I live 300 miles from my brother and father so this project will take a while. While back home I spent a week working with my brother painting and rebuilding the trailer for his 27' Fountain. Good family times. P.S. Dad will be 90 in October

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back