• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Power Outage

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

On Sunday night the area where the server for our website is located had some power supply issues. This power loss initially caused our website to go down.

Once the power in the area where our server was located was restored, our specific server's power supply unit went bad.

Once the PSU issue was taken care of everything was restored, there were some issues with our database as it had become corrupted when the server crashed. To correct this issue and get the site back up and functioning, we had the database for the forums repaired/rebuilt but it appears during that process there were a small amount of threads, posts and information that was lost during the process of the repair.

One of the threads lost was the very popular Craig's List thread which as most will know has continued on for many years.

In order to restore the missing information, the decision was made to restore the site from a backup, which was completed before the hardware issues occurred on Sunday afternoon.

I'm happy to report that the restoration process is now complete and the information missing has now been restored including the popular Craig's List thread.

Please note though however, that any of the posts or information that was posted or sent between the time of the backup from Sunday afternoon until now was not part of the backup file that was restored.

Therefore, any posts/threads from yesterday morning until now will be missing.

Please repost anything that is needed.

IF you encounter any more issues going forward please let me know and I'll look into it.

-Chris

Thanks for getting everything worked out! This has got to be one of the best run forums I ever belonged to. I just became a supporting member again!

Thanks Chris! It was certainly acting weird that night, glad you got it rolling again.
That reminds me, I forgot to up my subscription. Will go and do that NOW.

Last edited:
Back