• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Prop choice

ljc

I have a 2000 checkmate zt240 and this last season was my first full season with the boat. Looking for some improvements to get on plane a little quicker, I have a 4 blade stainless steel cutting edge prop, but I don't know the pitch and can't find anything on it that would tell me what it is. It has trime tabs and it is my first boat with those. It pops right out of the water with two people on board, but with more than that, it doesn't seem as quick to get on plane. Is it normal to use trim tabs to get on plane, this sesems to help with more that two people on board. WOT is around 5000 rpms, so that right, it is a stock boat. Any thoughts or suggestions would help, thank you.

Larry

I had a 2000 454 MPI in a Crownline. HP was 300, the Mag MPI is 330. there was 365 HP also, not sure what it was called.

Back