• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Prop Repair - Toronto,Ontario

Bruce

Hi there, I was trying out my new Renegade prop yesterday and after about 3 hours looks like the Hub is spinning. I'll try and speak with Evinrude tomorrow about possible warranty, if that fails, any suggestions where I might take it to get it re-hubbed.

I'm thinking since it was probably sitting in the box for about 18 years, the paper work inside the box has a date of 1988, that the substance used to "hold" the hub in place has deteriated.

Thanks in Advance

Bruce

Usually it is the oil in the exhaust that breaks down the rubber hub, but after 18 years it could have dried out. I had a brand new one spin the first time I used it. Full warranty....but an 18 year old one....I wish you luck! Any prop shop can do it or your dealer can send it out for you. Personally, I would phone around and go with the cheapest price. Last one I did was $90.

Prop repair

Bruce:

City Wide Welding Inc
905-677-0316
1867 Drew Road,
Mississauga, ON L5S 1J5

This prop repair shop has a good reputation, you might try them if you cannot find another, I know that they rework Mercury props,for sure .

Hi Guys, thanks for the information, I actually just got back from dropping it off where I bought it from. As I say, it was a brand new prop, it was just sitting on the shelf for a little while. I think there is a good chance it will be covered under warranty. I'll provide an update when I get it back.

Thanks Again

Bruce

Bruce,

I've found the guys at Central Outboard Marine (the place located near Woodbine and Hwy 7) are pretty good to deal with.

I often get parts and things from them and they seem pretty decent.

I've never done any props with them, but I know they have a tryout program.

They're in your area, give them a try some time and let me know how you make out. :)

Hi Chris, I have also purchased different things from them as well and as you say, they are good to deal with. In fact, that's where I was going to go if the Marina I bought it from didn't pan out. I purchased it from Port Perry Marina since they are an original Evinrude dealer, they had plenty of props and I traded my other Raker plus cash for this new one. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm very confident things will work out, the folks at Port Perry have been great to deal with as well.

Take Care

Bruce

Back