• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulsare 2100 vs 2400 Wake Size - Skiing

flaata

I am in the market for a 2100 or 2400 but would like the collective wisdom from current owners of both models on wake size on the 2400 vs the 2100. Leaning towards the 2400 but want a reasonable wake for slalom skiing. Thanks!

I have the 2400 and slalom ski behind it on occasion the wake is to big if you are a serious slalom skier but it’s ok if you just ski for fun and don’t mind falling cause you got air and hit the 2nd wake awkwardly 😩😂 but it’s great for wake boarding. The 2100 definitely has a smaller wake better suited for slalom skiing.

sounds good, this is very helpful; thanks for the information; reinforces the need to align what boating is all about to you before buying

If you search this forum there is a previous thread on water skiing behind the Pulsare. One person claimed the 2100 was the best boat he skied behind and if I remember correctly he was a very experienced skier.

I would guess the smaller of the two would be better. My boating buddy skis a lot better than me, and he loves skiing behind my Predictor, it leaves little more than a ripple, and the other two I have are also some of the smaller wakes I encounter on the river.

This is my second 2400, and we are what I would call aggressive open water skiers. I ski @ 34mph and usually will pull the line in so I'm at 15' or 22' off. At that speed and length the wake isn't much of an issue. At full line and 28-30mph the wake is a little bigger to cross. I've never had the opportunity to ski behind a 2100, but I used to ski behind a Glastron CV16. The smaller boat is definately going to have a much better/smaller wake as long as you aren't turning hard enough to move the boat around. On my old 16 I could pull hard enough coming out of a turn to move the back of the boat around. The 21 is going to be your better choice if you really want a better ski wake, but like anything there are tradeoffs.

Back