• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulsare 2100BR Max Horsepower Rating

Invader

I just purchased a 2001 Pulsare 2100BR with a 200hp motor. The capacity plate shows a maximum horsepower rating of 250hp. I see the current 2100BR’s have a 300hp rating. Anyone have an idea why/when this changed?
I was thinking of upgrading to a 300hp at some time but I guess I’ll stick to 250hp to avoid insurance/liability issues.

It is 300HP, call checkmate and they'll send you a new placard. They ran out of 300HP tags or something for a bit and just slapped 250 Placards on instead.

Where's the pics of the new boat?

Thanks BadBK. I'll call Checkmate for a replacement plate.

I'll try to get some pics posted this weekend. I'm in Utah and just got home with it from Wisconsin. It was near Madison WI, first listed on Ebay then Craigslist during the summer. It was mentioned here on the boards a couple of times as the one with the Ficht engine. I've had it out once -- I'm very happy with the purchase.

I remember that boat on Craigslist. Interesting color & looked really clean. Motor is what killed it for me. A 300 Opti would make it a awesome setup indeed.

New Placard

That simple, Huh? I have the same issue a late 2000 2100 pulsare, will dig my hull VIN up and give checkmate a call next week. Does the total weight capacity go up also??

just the MAX HP rating goes up thats it.... i sent checkmate an email last year with my VIN number and within a week i had a New plate/sticker for the new rating... Awsome customer service on checkmates part to get it to me that quick

Just an update from my Sep post.... I called Checkmate and they sent a new capacity sticker in the mail. No need to provide vin#, just model. You might ask if they can send it in a larger envelope. They folded mine and put it in a standard envelop so it now has a crease down the middle.

Back