• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Pulsare 2100BR prop and plate testing

Just a few interesting notes on a Pulsare 2100BR with 300 HPDI. . .

With 12" of setback, 3/4" below the pad, 29P Yamaha T1 prop, ran 85.8.

With 12" of setback, 3/4" below the pad, 29P Tempest Plus prop, ran 85.5.

With 14" of setback, 1/2" below the pad, 29P Yamaha T1 prop, ran 85.4.

I do think it's strange that the boat actually lost speed with 2" extra setback, especially with reports of people gaining speed all the way up to 18". Perhaps it's due to the extra weight of the Yamaha 3.3l way back there. I may have been a little easier to drive, though.

Also, I should note that the Tempest Plus was the fastest out-the-box prop on this boat. The T1 was faster, but it's been worked some.

Mike

2100 Pulsare, 225 Optimax, Just how much setback

Mike, Interesting, running 26" Tempest, CMC manual 6" of Setback, Best
number is 70.7 at 5600 on GPS. I would like to update to a Bob's machine Power Plate,
After reading this, I am thinking 8" setback for sure, possibly 10"
Anyone have any preference CMC power versus Bob's
I am leaning Bob's because the Hydraulics and Pump is inside the boat.
It does seem to left up/down faster on the YouTube videos
Thought's anyone

number is 70.7 at 5600 on GPS. I would like to update to a Bob's machine Power Plate,
Thought's anyone

I have a TH marine that I really like, the pump is mounted in the boat and it will travel the 5" in 8 seconds, here is the link

http://thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=197

They also make a hotshot plate for it to improve holeshot by keeping water from gathering back there, I put one on and noticed a difference.

http://thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=167

Thought's anyone

IMO, save the $800-$1k....

Unless you're going for absolute top speeds w/hyd plate jacked all the way up(not likely w/225hp), get a manual 10" j/p, set it up and call it a day. Weighs less and still very effective.

My last 21' w/225 10" manual plate, 26P TP, went 77.x Little more setup and you should be running close to the same saving a bunch of $$.

Somewhere right around 70 is where the Pulsare 2100 climbs out of the water. I think you're to the point where it won't take much to get 5 mph out of it.

As for setback, the heavier motors like my 3.3 liter HPDI appear to only need about 12", while lighter Merc power will run 14"-18". Sounds like you need quite a bit more setback.

BTW, I've since raised the motor to even with the pad and found some better conditions, resulting in 88 mph.

Mike

I think you are right about the setback issue. When I repowered from a 2.6L to a 3.3L I dropped from 11" to 8" setback (more for the transom's sake). The tongue weight on the trailer remained exactly the same which tells me the fore/aft balance did not change. On the water the running attitude also remained the same.
Speed wise I would probably benefit from the 3" more setback with the new motor but on a 25 year old Starliner transom I am not willing to take the chance. The extra weight of the heavier motor is clearly noticeable.

Somewhere right around 70 is where the Pulsare 2100 climbs out of the water. I think you're to the point where it won't take much to get 5 mph out of it.

As for setback, the heavier motors like my 3.3 liter HPDI appear to only need about 12", while lighter Merc power will run 14"-18". Sounds like you need quite a bit more setback.

BTW, I've since raised the motor to even with the pad and found some better conditions, resulting in 88 mph.

Mike

I like the 10" manual suggestion, If I topped out at 77 I would be estatic. 26" tempest at like 3 inches below the pad? any idea on te height or is it one of those try it an see?

Back