• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

QUESTION

gagator

0.jpg
surf.gif
HEY CHRIS
CAN WE USE A PIC OF OUR OWN BOAT AS AN AVATAR?
AND HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT IT..THANKS.EMAIL ME AT gagator32@yahoo.com
xxrotflmao.gif

Yes, you can do it yourself. As long as the picture you want to use is hosted on the net and accessable. You just go into your profile and enter the url of the pic into the custom avatar box. It's simple, you just have to spend a minute or two looking around in your control panel.

It looks a little distorted because the pic is not totally square. If you can crop the original pic so that it is totally square, that won't happen. For avatars, they are best when they are around 130 pixels X 130 pixels. You can use any photo editing software to crop it. Even "paint" which comes with windows will work too.
icon_smile.gif

chris ,thanks for the info on the pics ,i will take some better ones and post them later .thanks for all your help ,and i love the web site ..gagator

Back