• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rapair Inc. Coils

HandsOnHenry

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this tag I found tucked in my engine harness. Anyone use these ever? Does anyone know if you can see the difference between these and the OE, just by eye? (Mine are blue where the plug wire goes on) I've been to what I believe to be the current Rapair Inc. website but didn't see any coils listed for my application.
The engine is a 1983 2.4L 200
I'm curious because I found some serious corrosion when I pulled the spark plug wires recently. With the discovery of the corrosion I'm now questioning the best approach for a proper repair without a loss of performance.
Anybody have any good cleaning techniques for the inside of the coil where the plug wire goes in? Providing we can get the coils cleaned up good and can determine that they are still the coils from Rapair Inc. should I be getting the BOB's plug wires? Anyone use the BOB's wires? They seem to only be about 15-20 bucks more than the OE replacement.
This is a project we will be doing over the winter, any input is appreciated.
Thanks!

Back