• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

roots of performance

Love looking at those old wood boats. Some of them even had stepped hulls. Not sure about the Hacker Apache II.
Here is some Specs on that boat:

- Apache II is an unparralleled showstopper, one of the most cutting-edge designs of its day
- One of a kind 29' Gold Cup type hull, originally special ordered and purchased by Norman DeVaux, renowned automotive designer
- Custom designed and built by John L. Hacker
- Delivered new to Lake Tahoe in 1922 and raced in the 1920's and 1930's at annual "Lake Championship" regattas.
- Winner of 4th of July Six-Mile Races in both 1926 and 1927